Part one : Answer the following questions.
Find the information by clicking on the following link :
- Name the country in which women could vote before the 20th century.
- When did women obtain the vote in :
- In which countries can women still not vote?
- When did women obtain the right to be elected in … ?
- How many countries gave women the right to vote before the U.S. ?
- Name some countries where women won the vote directly after WWII.
- Why did the biggest surge in voting rights come during the late 1950s ?
Part two : Analyse the following cartoons.
- Click on the following link : www.womeninworldhistory.com/lesson4.html and take a look at the cartoons. Click on the first and second cartoons. Why are they funny?
- The last cartoon : Click on the last cartoon (bottom row, second one). According to this cartoon, what were the dangers of women getting the right to vote ?
- Take a look at this cartoon. What does it mean?